Tuesday 9 August 2011

ISDE Finland 2011

well i guess it's my turn to take over this blog since Patrick is either sleeping,eating or racing! Day 1 and 2 were exactly the same. Each day the riders rode 300 km.It rained on both days ! Patrick and Ty both hated the special test called LULU (rock section).
If you plan on riding the six days,the service pack is definitively the way to go. The KTM guys do an excellent job with the riders. They work fast,check the riders time,serve them drinks and food. You really don' t need a support crew with this service.I was stationed at Hamina  (bastion) on both days (at the service area) so did not see much of the ridding . Looking forward to tomorrow,I will be near a special test and will be able to see the teams race and the club guys do their best! 

The riders coming in were all in good spirits,some had time to eat,drink and relax for a few minutes while others were late and only took the time to fill up and go,go,go.....

 On the first day I watched Nathan Keaney from the U,S. team do his 15 minutes of mechanic at the end of his day.....He did both back and front tires,changed his oil and still had a few minutes to spare.

My star spotting happened at the end of my second day ! Just as I was leaving I spotted Juha as he was heading to his van, He took the time to take a picture with me and gave me some souvenirs for my kids. I told him I was sorry to bug him at the end of his day that he must be tired....he simply smiled and said that he was not really tired!!! Signing autographs was part of his job and he was glad to be able to do it ! (what a gentleman)


No comments:

Post a Comment